In this post, we’ll cover all you need to know about the Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC recruitment procedures, including qualifications, prerequisites, how to apply, and other relevant information.
Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2022/2023. The application process for the Nigerian Arms Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) may be found at https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/.
The Nigerian Army (naportal.com.ng) is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and is responsible for land warfare operations. It is governed by the Nigerian Army Council. It bears the brunt of the nation’s security challenges, notably the Boko Haram insurgency.
If you are looking for how to login to the Nigerian Army Portal for 2022/2023 Recruitment, then you are at the right place. Kindly follow the guide below to see how you can sign-in to you profile and begin your application.
The Nigerian army recruitment form is still yet to be released. However, we will keep you informed as soon as the form is released and applications begin on the platform. Please bookmark this website and return to it frequently to stay current.
Requirements for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment
Before applying for the Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment, interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a Nigerian citizen
- Applicants must be a graduate
- Be physically, mentally, and medically fit
- Must not have any tattoos or body inscriptions.
- Must not have any of the following abnormalities: Bowlegs, Body scars, Speech impediment, Bent knees, Knock knees, Defective eyesight or squint eyes, Deformed hand, Protruding Navel, Gross malformation of teeth, Amputation of any part of the body, Tattoos, flat feet.
- Not be less than 1.62 metres for female and 1.68 metres for male candidates respectively.
- Candidates must not belong to any secret society, cult or fraternity.
- Interested applicants must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin
- Candidates must be between the ages of 22 and 30 years, while medical consultants should not be more than 40 years
- Possess a minimum of 4 credits in no more than two sittings in WASSCE, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB.
- Valid means of identification such as the National Identity Card, an International passport, Voters Card
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions
- Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
- Good knowledge of computer application will be an added advantage
- BSC, HND, NCE, Certificate
- Applicants must be single
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Interested candidates must have an NYSC Certificate or NYSC Letter of Exemption
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin duly signed by the Local government authorities.
- Must be free from any disciplinary case and not have been convicted by any court of law.
Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Course Recruitment (SSC)
Eligible Nigerians are invited to apply for recruitment as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission officers in the Nigerian Army (NA). Both citizens and serving military members are welcome to join the SSC. Only serving military personnel who have been sponsored to civil institutions by one of the Armed Forces Services will be considered.
Requirements for Nigerian Army SSC Recruitment
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 23 and 27 by January 2021.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female).
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must not have any disciplinary case and must be confirmed so by the Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from an accredited institution of learning. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of study.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
Conditions of Service
SSC will be granted for 15 years. Ten years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period, not more than 5 years. No extension shall be granted after the fifteenth year of commission except on conversion to regular combatant commission where applicable.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of second lieutenant with seniority effective date of commencement of cadet training.
- Conversion to regular combatant commission is not automatic. It is based on the availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be effective date of enlistment.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army Recruitment 2022/2023
Follow the Application Guide below:
- Applications are to be made online free of charge
- Go online and visit Nigerian Army web page at: recruitment.army.mil.ng and choose SSC option from the page.
- You will be redirected to the page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing SSC and DSSC courses.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for the SSC as per your qualification.
- At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving/have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (A verification will be sent to you email) or enter your login details and log in.
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin.
- Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at selected examination centres selected by applicants or assigned as appropriate. Successful candidates would also present their printed photo-slips at Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during the interview.
- Caution: The general public is advised to disregard any online application portal opened before this publication
- Prospective applicants and the general public are to also watch out for subsequent jingles on Television and Radio stations after this publication
- The portal provides for both Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant (SSC). You are advised to read and understand the types of commission before proceeding to apply.
- For further information, please call 08179269294 and 08109959294 between 0800 – 1800 hours daily.
How to Login to Nigerian Army Portal for 2022/2023 Recruitment
Candidates who have been shortlisted can also use the URL above to log in and look for their names.
- Create a user account when the page loads to allow you to log in. Your username must be a valid email address.
- Fill out the application form, submit it online, and keep a copy for yourself. Then, as needed, print and complete the Guarantor Form.
- Bring copies of your application and Guarantor Forms to the designated examination and recruitment centres.
If you have further questions, please let us know via comments.