Overview of Uppsala University Global Scholarship (IPK scholarship) 2020/2021
Scholarship will cover the cost of tuition, but not living expenses, for studies at Uppsala University Master’s programmes offered during the current admission round and commencing 31 August 2020.
Level of study: Master’s programmes
Eligibility Criteria for Uppsala University Global Scholarship 2020/2021
- Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic talent and show interest in belonging to an educational milieu.
- Students can only be awarded an IPK scholarship if a programme at Uppsala University is chosen as first priority.
- You must have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
- The programme must be delivered on campus. The scholarship is not available for distance learning programmes or programmes partially taught at other universities outside Sweden.
Documentation to send
- No extra documents need to be sent. We will use documentation you submit with your programme application on www.universityadmissions.se.
- Your application ID from www.universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form.
16 January to 3 February 2020
How to Apply for Uppsala University Global Scholarship 2020/2021
1. Apply for a Master’s programme
To apply for Uppsala University’s scholarships you must first apply for one of Uppsala University’s Master’s programmes through the website www.universityadmissions.se before their deadline. You can find more information about the application process on the following link: Application.
In order to be considered for a scholarship you must submit an on-time application for a Master’s programme in the international application period. For programmes commencing autumn 2020, the application period is open from 16 October 2019 to 15 January 2020. After the application period for programmes closes, the application period for scholarships opens. You must make two separate applications, one for a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme and one for a scholarship. If your application on is considered late, you will not be eligible for the Uppsala University scholarships.
2. Submit an online scholarship application
You must submit an online scholarship application in order to be considered for a scholarship.
There is no application fee when applying for Uppsala University’s scholarships. You may apply for more than one scholarship provided that you meet the criteria, however, it is only possible to be awarded one scholarship from Uppsala University. You are not required to submit any documents, such as reference letters, when applying for a scholarship through Uppsala University.
In the online scholarship application form you must state your personal details, the Master’s programme at Uppsala University that you applied for as your first priority, and your application ID number from www.universityadmissions.se. In the online scholarship application form you must also specify which scholarship or scholarships you are applying for, and write a motivation for why you should be awarded the scholarship. Your motivation should not exceed 350 words and should reflect the criteria of the scholarship.
Please submit your scholarship application in good time. We do not accept late applications.
3. Selection Process
Uppsala University’s scholarships for tuition liable students are merit-based and are awarded to academically talented students who show an interest in belonging to an educational milieu. Information about your academic performance is taken from the supporting documents you submit when applying to Master’s or Bachelor’s studies. The written motivation in your online scholarship application is also taken into account. Financial need does not factor into the awarding.
The scholarship selection process will be undertaken in parallel with the programme selection process. To gain entrance to the programme, and be awarded a scholarship, students must meet all general and programme-specific entry requirements. The application fee for the Bachelor’s or Master’s programme must have been paid to universityadmissions.se, and all required supporting documents must have been received before the deadline. Students who submit incomplete applications or do not apply in time will not be considered for scholarships at Uppsala University.
If you have any questions about applying for a scholarship, please contact email@example.com